Thursday, March 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday: February 2012 Edition

Throwback Thursday a week late! (Read HERE about the purpose behind Throwback Thursdays.) February 2012 entries were full of tedious details (mostly about my church's formal Valentine's dinner for which I trained the youth as servers) and long monologues about various topics, so I don't have as many snippets this month. Still, some fun memories and thoughts. :)

Thursday, February 2, 2012
"Then I came home, ate lunch, studied at the library, and then went to the Strouds to get ready for Sara Jane's Tangled-themed 4th birthday party this Saturday! Guess who's special guest Rapunzel? Yep. They bought a wig and everything."
(Yesss. I played Rapunzel.)

Saturday, February 4, 2012
"Tangled party was a hoot. Slightly awkward during some parts (what are you supposed to do when 7 little girls and their parents are staring at you after you've finished reading your story and have nothing else to say?), but mostly a blast. Morgan Elizabeth did my makeup and flowers in my hair, which she loved. Sara Jane just had a fit over everything about me and declared that "I will always have a Tangled party so you can come and wear your Tangled dress!'"
(That was a fun experience. One of the little girls in attendance whom I had babysat before had been told that "Anna Kate was coming." About halfway through the party, after I'd made my appearance and was interacting with the girls, she asked her mom, "When is Anna Kate coming?")

Thursday, February 9, 2012
"And as my fingers type, the worries of my soul ease, and the cares of my spirit rest in His sovereign grace. I refuse to quote the saying, "God wants me to be happy." Because more than ever I am convinced that He is in the business of making His saints holy, not happy. Happiness? Maybe. Holiness? That's the aim. And therein lies true joy. That my heart could grasp that better."

Friday, February 10, 2012
"Honestly, sometimes I want to give up this journal thing altogether. Even a day later, I see my immaturity. Or maybe haste is a better word. I always try to figure out the world, instead of seeking after God. It's a meaningless endeavor. I need so much grace. Thankfully He showers me with it. :)"

Tuesday, February 21, 2012
"I still don't have all the answers. But that's the problem in the first place - wasting energy on trying to find those answers. He is the answer. I run after his heart. Not silly answers to silly questions. Only He can satisfy. Funny how the greatest Mystery is also the greatest Satisfier."
(Why do I still do this?? I'll never know, but He IS still the Satisfier.)

Thursday, February 23, 2012
"I just love my people. That's all there is to it."
(I had spent the evening with church family. 'Nuff said.)

Saturday, February 25, 2012
"My job is to serve the Lord and pursue holiness. What a beautifully simple job description. Now, simple and easy are not synonymous, but there is good news (I mean REALLY good news): He gives strength to the weary, and uses the weak to shame the wise. Praise God."

a few February 2012 photos...

that time The Drop Bears played the Grace Bible Church Valentine's Banquet the first time.


my other role that night: Head Server


No comments:

Post a Comment