Well, not literally. Figuratively, however, it snowed at my house.
The family made a pact to not plan anything at all the whole week, particularly for the evenings, as though we were snowed in. Regular weekly commitments (ensemble practice, etc.) were exempt from this, though I was able to stay home from a couple of other routine commitments because various friends kindly took over for me. We needed a week like this, a week of uneventful evenings, maybe a movie here or there. It's been fabulous. (And we made it through with only one out of the ordinary affair - seeing beloved friends in Cleveland for the day, justified by the fact that we see them once a year, if at all.)
It's so easy to look up on a Sunday and realize every night of the coming week is busy. They're all good things, too! Visits with friends, church functions, volunteer opportunities, etc. Though I value all of these things, I often have to force myself to stay at home, simply to be at rest. I was thankful for much of that this week.
After skipping a week, Confessions are back!
- I have recently begun researching healthier food and learning from others about healthy eating habits. I'm pretty excited about some of the changes we're beginning to implement. I ordered coconut oil this afternoon, which will almost entirely replace butter and olive oil in cooking. We'll see how it all goes.
- I used to work at a local coffee shop called Higher Ground. I miss it heaps sometimes. (It closed down.)
- I have a love/hate relationship with literature that pulls you into another world. I love the story and characters, and hate the way it distracts me from real life and real people. Oi.
- Eleven has always been my favorite number. Only those that have known me a VERY long time could guess at the reason for that one.
- I have thought of 15+ "confessions" this week and have effectively forgotten them just now.
- I'm currently studying ancient Greece and am totally fascinated. To say that "I like history" seems inaccurate. I like stories of the lives of people that lived hundreds or thousands of years before me. That's it.
- My favorite snack right now is tortilla chips with a hint of lime and restaurant style salsa.
- Through a happy turn of events, I was able to drive back home from Cleveland, Mississippi with my friend Olivia on Thursday. I had been visiting friends with mom and Mark, and Olivia was heading home from Delta State, so we met up and took the drive together! Happy.
- Enya has been my music artist choice as of late.
- Last week I watched the Rodgers and Hammerstein's version of Cinderella, with Brandy as Cinderella and Whitney Houston as the Fairy Godmother. It's so silly, but I completely adore it because I love fairy tales and the movie reminds me of happy times long ago.
- My friends *cough* make fun of me for drinking water only out of a SmartWater bottle. It's just that I like the style of the top and three bottle fulls equals the exact amount of water I need per day! I like my water the way I like it.
|Visiting Marcie, Janie and Sam Little while they visit their grandmother in Cleveland has become a tradition of sorts.|
This is their grandmother's amazing porch swing.
|Well, some of us captured the "old black & white photo" essence.|
|Sure do love them.|
And this picture's grand.