Friday, March 9, 2012

Confessional Friday

Aaaggh! I'm so bad at this. I have 5 minutes to post this before it's no longer actually "Friday." And then of course, there's the whole "sleep" concept... mm. It's been a good, blessed week. I'm glad the weekend is here. I suspect it will be a sensational one. :)

  • I really enjoy crisp grapes. Red, white - doesn't matter. As long as they're crisp.
  • I am planning to attend the Bonnaroo Music & Arts Festival this year. Road trip, good friends, good music. Summer. Mm.
  • I passed my Intro to World Religions test this morning! It was the easiest test I've taken yet; a very welcome break after Biology the Beast.
  • I bought a French song this week.
  • You can never have enough comfy blankets in my book.
  • I delight in bringing all sorts of people together, especially when it wasn't going to happen naturally. It's almost an unusual, semi-creepy, but mostly really awesome hobby, in a way. Hm.
  • The Magic of Ordinary Days is one of the best under-the-radar movies I have seen. Watch it. Such admirable yet believable characters. Unusual but timeless story line.
  • The more I shop with other people (aka, Amber), the more I realize that rich, golden yellow is not my favorite color. No. It's an obsession.
  • I'm falling in love with nautical themed fashion. (Navy & white stripes, boatneck tops, casual collared shirts.)
  • My Bible reading is already inconsistent, highlighting my selfish, undisciplined nature. But, thanks to my accountability partner's genuine, wise reminder (to both of us): it's not about legalism. My God is gracious beyond all that I could hope or ask for. Convicted, yet encouraged. Disciplined, yet loved with an everlasting love. That kind of forgiveness and undeserved grace makes me want to do good and battle on all the more. And sing of His goodness.

2011 family picture that I love. This was from our Christmas photoshoot. We're pretty much the best. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment