Friday, March 16, 2012

Confessional Friday

I can feel it. I just know I'm working up to a non-Friday blog post... I just know it.

Until then, I'm loving the pressure of an expected weekly post (okay, maybe you don't expect it; but I'm forcing myself to, and now it's just fun). It's making me realize how quickly time is passing, and just how unique each week of life is.
  • I am, as they say, a "list person." I write lists all the time. To do lists, goal lists, grocery lists, wish lists... they help me stay focused. Aaand not develop short-term memory loss (if that can be developed). :)
  • My favorite nail polish right now is a stony gray from Pure Ice. That is odd to me.
  • My week was made yesterday when I met an Australian woman who grew up in Brisbane, Queensland but is now married to an American and homeschooling in North Mississippi (my area). Boss. It was refreshing to chat it up about Oz with someone knowledgeable (and just as in love with the country as me).
  • Thursday nights are often the highlight of my week. Thanks to the gracious and tasteful leadership of my choir director, ensemble practice is more than music practice - it's an uplifting evening of honest conversation, worthwhile hard work, and heartfelt worship. Wow.
  • This is one of my favorite songs to cook to!
  • I'm almost always in the mood for Alfredo sauce. By far my favorite sauce and probably Italian dish.
  • My purse right now is (you guessed it) yellow.
  • Today I had lunch in Oxford with a DEAR friend who I have not seen in almost 2 years, Bryn Goode, and her fantastic brother, Brayden. Heart happy.
  • I am obsessed with the Howl's Moving Castle soundtrack by Joe Hisaishi. Sweeping, charming, romantic. Perfect for the welcoming of spring.
  • I love the word "inordinate."

No comments:

Post a Comment