However, I have been inspired by Olivia to start a weekly post called "Confessional Fridays." Maybe I'll include a photo from random times of my life as well. Without further ado...
- Right now I'm discovering music artists Iron & Wine and Bob Dylan, among others. Earthy, sincere, simple.
- I have always worn matching pajamas. (Right now they're red flannel.)
- When it comes to the heart of me, what I'm really about - what's in my soul - I'm as black as a white person can come. But I am terribly (and unashamedly) white in all other aspects. I buy fresh cow's milk every Saturday morning. I prefer Apple products. I love vintage clothes and furniture and everything else.
- I am reading The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.
- Every day I learn over again that doing what I ought rather than what I want always brings more joy.
- Land's End (classic) + Anthropologie (Audrey Hepburn) = my true style. Still working on fully creating that.
- I am currently studying for the DSST exam Introduction to World Religions.
- I'm a HUGE personality nerd and have either given you the Myers-Briggs test, told you that I would like to give it to you, or have thought about it but haven't found a non-awkward opportunity in which to tell you.
- My favorite color is a very specific shade of yellow. Somewhere between mustard and marigold.
- I really, really, really love my little brother. He is amazing. He is super talented, smart, and completely hilarious. He knows me better than anyone else on the whole planet. Lucky.
- I am in love with a place. I thought for a long time that it was because of the people within (who are some of my best) and the memories with which I associate it (which are my favorites). But no. After so much time has passed, it appears that I am literally in love with the state of Colorado. I've always been quite certain that I would live there again.
- Three weeks ago I dressed up as Rapunzel (wig and all) for the 4th birthday party of a little girl I have babysat since she was new. My heart loved the fantasy and imagination of it all.
- Tomorrow I am going to see The Secret World of Arrietty. I am excited because I adore two things: Hayao Miyazaki films and little things (especially little people).
|by Sara Ferren, 2008|
Probably if we ever released an album, this would be in the artwork somewhere.