Friday, November 15, 2013

Confessional Friday

Time to resuscitate this here blog of mine! It was a packed and wonderful summer and has been a simply delicious fall. God is still good. So much has happened I'm not sure where to begin, so I'll get straight to the bullet points.
  • Cardigans are my favorite article of clothing. If I could own all styles in all colors I could die happy.
  • If you've been reading here for a while you may have heard of a local restaurant called Buon Cibo. Well, I am their #1 Customer. Don't believe me? My mother went in to buy me a shirt and gift card for my birthday and said, "You should know that I am getting this for your biggest fan!" The cashier replied, "Do you mean Anna Kate?" In other news I really need to get a life.
  • One of the best feelings is when your checkbook finally balances. I kind of feel like a ninja when it happens.
  • I recently discovered chocolate peanut butter. Watch out Nutella, peanut butter is still the classic!
  • This Monday I am taking my last credit-bearing psychology exam, and in December I will finish my last college course ever and apply for graduation through Thomas Edison State College (receiving my diploma in March). I'm finishing more than an academic achievement - I'm finishing a phase of my life. There are no words. Just thankfulness.
  • I dislike poetry for the most part, but I could listen to this kid all day long. I want one just like him!
  • Some of the happiest current news in my life is that I am going to be an aunt! That's right, end of April 2014 my brother and sister-in-law, Mitchell and Tiffany, will be welcoming a baby into the family. Aunthood here I come!
  • Here's a recent favorite Tweet for you: "Probably the worst thing about being a penguin is after you're in an argument you'll try to waddle away angrily but still look adorably cute."
  • One of the best decisions I have ever made was to take my last two college courses at the community college rather than study on my own and take the credit-bearing exam. For one, they were both maths (algebra and statistics) which would have been difficult for me without an instructor, but for another, I have never taken a class at an actual college. It was a little intimidating at first (took algebra in the summer and am taking statistics now), but it has turned out to be one of my absolute favorite things. It has been stretching, academically interesting, and just plain fun honestly. Yep. Good times.
  • Some friends and I had a Harry Potter movie marathon last month and we made these cupcakes for a themed snack. They are actually some of the most delicious cupcakes I have ever made. Thumbs up.
  • While this year has been the best of my life so far for numerous reasons, my favorite reason by far is that I started dating my favorite person in the world (it works out 'cause I think I'm his favorite too). His name is Kenny and we met headed to a mission trip in Mexico last summer (don't worry - he lives half an hour away). All I can say is that a lot can happen in a year. God is good and He loves His children, and loves to bless them just because He can. I am so full of joy and just thankful for all of the time Kenny and I are able to spend together, getting to know each other and making memories along the way. Hashtag blessed. :)
Pictures (of course!)
In September my parents, Kenny and I road tripped to Auburn (where he graduated) for the MS State vs. Auburn game.
I, of course, wore Auburn orange. :) However, I couldn't forget my roots, so I wore a maroon ribbon in my hair!
Here's a little summer action! Dad, Mark and I went to a Memphis Redbirds game in August.

This is Mitchell, Tiffany, and Baby Minyard!

No comments:

Post a Comment