Friday, January 25, 2013

Confessional Friday

Derice: "Sanka man, you dead yet?"
Sanka: "No mon, I'm not dead yet."
[Cool Runnings]

It's been a long time... but not long enough to call it quits. :) Look out next week for a new monthly blog series I'm starting called Throwback Thursday. My hope is that it will be fun, fresh and encouraging as I reminisce and realize the continuity of time, the significance of every day life, and God's grace and sense of humor in the orchestration of our lives.

Until then, however, welcome back to Confessional Friday!

  • My new favorite snack is cucumber slices & cream cheese. No surprise that I snagged the idea here!
  • This semester is all about my last major college course. (Not finished after this, just only a few tests to go after). It's called Liberal Arts Capstone and it's one giant research project. My topic is cultural adaptation from a missionary perspective. I feel way in over my head but I press on. Somehow, I will have a coherent finished product.
  • I have a strange habit of calling "oranges" by the name of "onions." If you hear me do this, just ignore it.
  • I won an antique bracelet from Relinked Relics in Tori's blog give-away. I never win things!
  • For Christmas we made a quick trip down south to see family but spent Christmas Eve and Day at home (but not without a brunch date with our favorites the Eldridges). We watched White Christmas, It's A Wonderful Life, and The Nativity Story. And ate snacks from those Christmas packages of chocolate, pecans, fruit and cheese and who-knows-what-else.
  • Have I mentioned that I love farm fresh milk? It's like dessert to me.
  • I check the "In the news" section on Wikipedia every day for updates on worldwide happenings! I've been amazed how informed I've become simply by skimming those snippets.
  • Over New Year's Mark and I flew out to Colorado to spend time with our old friend, adopted brother and favorite person Ben Comden. We got up to all kinds of shenanigans while there and maybe I'll do a recap at some point. Two major highlights were getting to know two amazing and totally unrelated people, the Abby Carruth and the Dora Robel, and miraculously getting together all five Americans from the Summer Down Under. Priceless.
  • This video made my day.
  • I started the Perspectives class this week! If you haven't heard of it, check it out. I've wanted to take it for several years but the opportunity hasn't presented itself until now.
Christmas

family photo shoot at the capitol



Christmas Day

New Year's


he's a weird one.


this begs for an old picture comparison.
they didn't used to look like homeless people, I swear!



because.

northface.


No comments:

Post a Comment