Friday, August 17, 2012

Confessional Friday

Oi! It's been a couple of months. I'd love to do a full summer recap, but for now I'll just stick with the usual Friday tradition, and maybe do a recap later. Summer is winding down, my favorite season is approaching, and a good dose of structure and normality is around the corner. Praise God for... well, being the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.
  • I'm that person who carries ALL the grocery bags in at the same time just to avoid multiple trips, no matter how inconvenient or heavy the load is.
  • I tried this over the 4th of July and it worked. You've got to realize how shocking that is to me. Hair ideas never work for me, especially when it involves creating curls. It was magic.
  • I just finished reading through/studying Genesis (finally) and it was a huge blessing. Over the past few years I've really come to the understanding that the Bible is simply God's story of the world. How He sovereignly orchestrated the line of Christ, showed His mercy and justice throughout, all in the lives of real human beings. I'm thankful for that perspective.
  • I am a left lane driver. Olivia knows what I mean.
  • In one week I will be starting my first two online courses of my college career. One is on developmental psychology (my favorite branch), and the other is on personality (which I of course adore). I'm excited but nervous for various reasons, mainly because this will be the first time for me to have deadlines on schoolwork in years. I'm used to doing my own thing. However, I am also looking forward to that aspect for just that reason: structure. I think it'll be comforting, in a way.
  • I have begun riding my bicycle while listening to my iPod every morning. It's a lovely way to start the day.
  • In July one of my favorite people ever, Tyler Avery, who happens to be from Australia came for a visit, which ended up being a highlight of the summer and created memories I will never forget. Tomorrow, yet another Aussie friend, Chanelle, will be popping in as well! I wish they'd keep this up all year round.
  • I am in love with avocados and am slightly annoyed that they seem to be a fad currently. I liked them before they started showing up in every food related commercial!
  • Mark said we should plan to go to the Olympics in Rio in 2016. I agreed, but also mentioned that I may already be there. For some reason I have a fascination with Rio and a strong desire to go there, possibly serve in some capacity. We'll see what God does with that! :)
  • (prepare yourself for an actual "confession") My weakness has simply always been singing boys, from the Backstreet Boys (when I was 8) to David Archuleta (when I was............ not 8). If the direction this confession is going isn't obvious, and that hint still didn't give it away for you, let me spell it out: ONE DIRECTION. Cliché? Oh yes. Too old for this? Probably. Does that change anything? Nope. I'll always be such a girl.

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand the left-lane driver comment, and that advocado remark sounds (how do I put this elegantly) like a hipster. I'm so glad you are getting back in the swing of things! Also, I can think of another pretty good confession, and it involves your #2 topic :)

    ReplyDelete